View Single Post
Old 03-22-2009, 06:24 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

neveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB User
Re: food energy & stretching for Fibromyalgia fatigue

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowBunny89 View Post
If you over do with with exercising. You will be paying for it later. This happened to me. You have to take it a little bit at a time what is comfortable for you.
Trust me I'm not. I would like to make it to stretching every day & 1/2 hour walks in the afternoon, but I haven't been for a walk all week.

When I used to go to physical therapy, they said my body had aged to a person about 65 years old, at that time, I was in my early 30's. This is the result of letting FMS/CFIDS get the best of you.

I heard when you exercise to the point of exhaustion, it can hurt your immune system by pouring the stress hormones adrenaline and cortisol into your body. Your body becomes exhausted & has no time to rest & heal, bringing on sickness and fatigue. I heard this can also cause chronic fatigue syndrome.

I don't think I would ever feel well enough that I could exercise that much. lol.