View Single Post
Old 03-28-2009, 03:27 PM   #4
maybecrazy HB User
Re: Rock and a Hard Place

I am sorry that the people who should have loved and protected you harmed you instead - and you said that your mother was responsible for the persecution but by not intervening your father was equally responsible - and as for hitting you... no-one has the right to beat a child - I am sorry that you had to go through that

are you seeing a therapist?

it sounds like you have been through a lot - because of my childhood I learned to trust no-one and because of that have only had one relationship - which was a mistake - BIG mistake I guess seeing a therapist (psychologist) has helped me start to trust again - has taught me that I am not evil or bad because of what was done to me - that they were just exercising their insecurities and problems onto me and that that is not my fault - the same as when you were a child your mother may have said horrible things - that doesnt mean they are true - you may not have received the love and affection that as a child you needed to grow - but that doesnt mean you are unlovable or hopeless - there is always hope - even on the darkest night - even though it may not seem so and can sometimes be hard to find

well I've waffled on - I hope you are well - and I wish you well with your journey of healing
Be safe, be well, be happy
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.