View Single Post
Old 03-30-2009, 06:40 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

fusionqueen HB Userfusionqueen HB Userfusionqueen HB User
Re: Facial Flushing....??

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilsunshine46 View Post
I posted this same question on the cancer board, maybe this one too? My 15 year old is being tested for Lupus and "flushing disorders" as she gets this flush on her face at the oddest times. At the same time though she also gets diareah { I really need to learn to spell this word } and swollen knees , feet and trouble breathing. Her Derm dr said it could be carcinoid syndrome so she just did a 24 urine test , to test for 5h1aa {I think I remembered it all} this weekkend. The results take 7-10 days!It's a good thing I am taking her to TX to visit familiy, to take her mind off how sick she feels. She has had abdominal pain for so long, she has thought she was passing another kidney stone. She has hydroneprososis{sp}and had surgery 3 yrs ago. She is nauseated ALL the time now, it never went away after her sugery. She also has a congenital brain defect although you wouldn't know it, she has a 3.98 GPA.

Look into the flushing disorders .
Sorry to hear your daughter is suffering so much! Lupus is so diffucult to diagnose...My daughter became ill very quickly and gained 27 lb in 7 days, she became nauseas and took her in....the rest of the store is a nightmare. I hope your daughter does not have Lupus. My daughter would rather have cancer as people know what that is and how to treat it better than lupus....Lupus never goes away....Please keep us updated on what her tests show...I was surprised to get a response as I have no idea why it happens and she gets so upset about it..it lasts for hours and is so hot.
Best wishes for your daughter and her test results!