| | PTTD surgery 5-1-09 --many ?s
I am scheduled for PTTD surgery on 5-1. It will be a tendon transfer, sliding calcaneal osteotomy, and achilles tendon lengthening. I have recently joined this site and would appreciate information about how to prepare.
Some questions that come to mind:
*Are certain crutches better than others?
*Has anyone used a knee chair (?)
* What about a seat for the tub?
* Are pillows good enough for elevation?
* Is a cast more comfortable when a leg is not shaved ?
* What clothing problems come up with the cast?
* How much assistance is needed for a shower?
* What type of help should I arrange for?
* Has anyone tried accupuncture to assist the recovery?
*Has anyone tried Arnica during recovery?
*Anything that others have found useful?
Thanks for your sharing.:)