View Single Post
Old 04-21-2009, 03:40 PM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

VeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB User
Re: NEW here, with questions...

Hi & welcome. Yes, I can truthfully say, THAT SOUNDS LIKE ME. I'm luckier now; I've done much better for some years now than I did prior. 'Twas awful.

You raise a good point about bloodwork. It's true that certain autoantibodies rise with flares, then recede; but the "rules" may vary somewhat, meaning some may stay more static, some may vary widely. I think it depends on which subtance your immune system has "decided" to manufacture that it ought NOT be manufacturing. In lupus, there are a quite a number of possibilities of such unwanted things. But only a handful a few are considered "specific" enough to be included in the standard diagnostic criteria. FYI, the criteria are listed in the "sticky post" (permanent info post) at the top of thread list.

There are excellent hardcover authors who cover lupus & its close cousins in greater detail than you can find elsewhere. Look for Dr. Daniel Wallace, or for Dr. Robert Lahita. Better yet, both! Most libraries have one or both.

I hope your insurance attaches quickly. Post more whn you can, OK? Warm wishes, Vee