View Single Post
Old 05-07-2009, 08:25 PM   #5
(female)

apeter HB User
Re: So many symptoms, but no diagnosis

toy23: I can't even tell you how much reading your post meant to me. Grabbing my best friend and telling them I am going to commit myself because I can't take it anymore happened for me last tuesday after weeks of UNBEARABLE headache. I hate that you're dealing with something similar, but I am relieved I'm not the only one who feels like they are going crazy.

I am also in a diagnostic limbo land. Twice in the past 3 years I have had symptoms that have gotten me straight to the neurologist's office with a "that sounds a lot like MS, lets get you an MRI" to a diagnosis of "well your MRI was clear and as long as you're not experiencing symptoms anymore we don't know what that was."

I guess I am just wondering, is this typical for people at the beginning of their diagnosis? A big part of me gives a big sigh of relief at the clean MRI, but then the other part of me just wants to yell "what's going on!! I'm not crazy here!!"

Could it still be MS with a clean MRI? How do I deal with the weeks of my life I have lost twice now to double vision, fatigue, unbearable headaches, bathroom accidents, and numbness and tingling in my legs and hands? "Sorry, professors, I swear I was sick, but they couldn't find anything wrong, please let me make up that project."