View Single Post
Old 05-17-2009, 07:11 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

neveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB User
looking for the best meds to treat TMJ

Could you share with me, what medications you found to be your favorite in treating your TMJ disorder?

If there's one particular pain pill or muscle relaxant that seems to work better for this than another.

Someone mentioned steriods as an option. I have never tried that for TMJ before.

I also have bruxism and I know I need a mouth piece but I can't afford it right now. Later in the year, sure, but I have put so much money into dental work lately, I can't spare anymore.

My pain is so bad I overdose on Ambien. I really need other options. My PCP probably doesn't have a clue how to treat this either. My dentist refuses to prescribe anything ???????? He's a dips anyways. Was pulling my teeth out without reason, so I've found out. My other dentist didn't offer meds, he wants me to get a mouth guard. Well right now, that's just not an option.

Does Soma seem to work better than other muscle relaxants for this? I read this blocks the pain. I read another I used to take (Flexeril) is for strains/sprains and stuff & it did not give me the relief I needed.

Well thanks anyways, hope you all will help me figure out a treatment plan with this. I know it won't be a problem getting the meds from my PCP, but I need to know what's going to work well.

The Following User Says Thank You to neveragain444 For This Useful Post:
balletgirl (04-05-2012)