View Single Post
Old 05-21-2009, 08:19 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

neveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB User
Re: looking for the best meds to treat TMJ

Ambien makes it worse? My dentist said he understood why it made me feel better cause when the pain is really REALLY bad, I have a bad tendancy to take about 3 of them. Sometimes as much as 6 before the pain goes away. Most of the time, I wake up, the pain is gone. Sometimes though, it lingers on for days, with the pain being extreme.

Even though I clinch only when I'm asleep, the Ambien has helped ???????? But only in larger doses. On most days, waking up has been when the pain is the worst.

It was feeling like someone took a hammer and pounded my teeth with it. I had particular teeth that would hurt, and then eventually, that pain would disapear. You'd think you had a bad cavity or absess. But no..

Two of those teeth I've had severe pain in, cannot be due to bruxism, because there is no teeth below them, and there is nothing for them to clinch to. So what the ???????????

If I pay attention, I know that I am clinching my teeth when I wake up. I also have PDL enlargements and it's either that, or where my doctor took most of my teeth from one side of my mouth, making me just be able to eat on one side. I don't know.

I have this pain that shoots through my mouth, and I think it's either a spasm or muscular tightness, maybe due to inflammation in my TMJ joints ???????

It has been hurting to open my mouth & hurting to chew food. The muscles used to open & close my mouth seem to be where the problem is, into my cheeks and down toward the bottom of my jaw.

My doctor will not prescribe me one of those anxiety pills. Even though I have GAD. If he won't give it to me for anxiety, he sure isn't going to give it to me for pain.

I am going to ask for the Soma & steriods and see if that helps.

Aspirin helped some yesterday, the Ibuprofen didn't phase it one bit. But Aspirin isn't something I can take for very long. It eats holes through my organs.