Thread: Metabolism
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2009, 09:28 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User
Re: Metabolism

About how many calories are you eating? Under under 1200 calories a day can definitely slow down your metabolism. Never go under that amount! It's common for weight loss to slow down at times, so try not to worry about it too much and don't give up! It might speed back up again. You are still losing, so that's great! I agree with JohnR41.. it often depends on WHAT exactly you are eating. I know people who are on diets who really don't eat all that great. They cut their calories, but they still eat a ton of processed foods and things like 100 calorie packs, which are usually just cookies or snacks in small portions (you might as well just eat an oreo!). Aim for lots of fruits and veggies and natural foods for great results and also watch how much sodium you have in your diet. You might already do this, but I just wanted to mention it because that's what worked for me! I changed my diet to eat less processed foods and less prepared frozen meals (I only eat them occasionally now and used to have a Lean Cuisine EVERY day). Worked for me! I also have more energy when I eat fresher foods.