View Single Post
Old 05-24-2009, 11:11 AM   #1
(male)

deviphish HB User
spinal cord stimulator questions

Hello to all . I have some questions concerning a spinal cord stimulator , i've had 2 back surgeries in the last 5 years. 4 level laminectomie l2 to s1 and a 2 level fusion at the l4-5 , l5-s1 levels..

My back has been hurting pretty bad as of late , saw my doctor last week and he does not want to do any more surgery & suggested looking into a S C S.. I will be going to see my neurosurgeon , he and my PM doctor work hand in hand. My questions are as follows :
* DOES THE S C S WORK WITH LUMBAR BACK PAIN
* I NO YOU HAVE TO GO THREW A SERIES OF TEST TRIALS , DOES THE ACTUAL IMPLANT SURGERY (IF NEEDED) A MAJOR SURGERY
* MY DOCTOR SAID THAT THERE IS ANOTHER LAMINECTOMIE NEEDED FOR THIS PROCEDURE
* DO YOU FEEL THE DEVISE UNDER YOUR SKIN WHEN IT'S IMPLANTED
* HOW LONG IS THE SURGERY , HOW BIG IS THE INCSION
* HOW LONG IS HOSPITAL STAY , AND RECOVER TIME
* DO YOU USE THE DEVISE AS NEEDED , OR 24/7
* HOW LONG TO THE BATTERIES USUALLY LAST
* DO YOU STILL TAKE PAIN MEDS (ORALLY) AFTER THIS SURGERY
I appreciate all the advise that i can get on this topic , i have read some stories on here - off course some bad & some good.. I would love to no the pro's and con's about this procedure. I'm running out of options for my back pain , and my ortho surgent who i love and trust DOES not think surgery is the best route for me.. I am willing to try what ever will get me out of pain , and this sounds like a good idea to me SO FAR....

THANK YOU ALL VERY MUCH FOR LOOKING AND HELPING ME OUT !!!
DEv

The following user gives a hug of support to deviphish:
Ayvalik (02-16-2011)