View Single Post
Old 05-27-2009, 04:12 PM   #1
(female)

BrittCM HB User
Anyone else have agoraphobia?

Hi. I'm 20 (almost 21) and I have Panic Disorder with Agoraphobia. It started literally the day after my high school graduation, and it's been worsening since. I didn't realize what was going on with me for a long time. I started college that fall, but I had to drop out. I started on meds the next spring and they were helping a bit, but not enough. So, I started counseling last November and I just started seeing a psychiatrist about 2 months ago. He gave me Xanax only for whenever I'm having a panic attack and he just started me on Zoloft a few weeks ago. I don't really feel like the Zoloft is working. I almost feel worse. I go back next week so he might change it.

My anxiety seems to be a bit different than everyone else's. I'm afraid to go far from home and when I go somewhere, I have to drive myself so that I'm able to leave whenever I need to. I can't ride with anyone else. I can't have anyone else ride with me. I can't go far distances. I can't work. I can't go to school. I can't hang out with my friends very often. The guys I date just don't understand what I'm going through. It's so hard to deal with and I'm doing everything I can to get over it, but it's not happening fast enough. Does anyone have anything similar? Any suggestions?? I'm desperate! LOL