View Single Post
Old 05-29-2009, 07:34 AM   #1
(female)

lmy HB User
Other than cancer what else could it be?

Okay,

So, 6 months ago I had an abnormal pap (Agcus). The doc. did a colposcopy, ultrasound and cervical biopsy. Everything looked okay. Great ...

... 6 months later ...

I have been experiencing abnormal bleeding for a while now (perhaps on and off for a few years). However, recently it's become more regular. I've consistently been getting two periods/month despite being on tricyclen (regular, not low). If I am spotting/mensturating at the time and have intercourse I bleed more heavily. My periods are quite light.

I also (on and off for maybe a year or two) have had frequent urination and a feeling of fullness, but not necessarily "bloating". The symptons are subtle but enough that I know something isn't quite right. I have gone a few times to the walk-in for a UTI and have been given antibiotic on the spot (without really investigating my urine sample). The antibiotic helps somewhat but not completely. I have had a small history of UTI's (in my early 20's).

Another thing to mention, is my hormones feel messed. My skin has been totally acting up. Every "period" (every two weeks) I totally break out; and in a way I've never broken out before. I feel moody and anxious on a regular basis.

Because of my symptoms my doc., this time around, recommended all of the above testing again and an endometrial biopsy. Which I have to say, was a bit of a shocker! - especially given that all other other procedures were somewhat intrusive but on the mild side. A very different level of discomfort!

Oh, and another thing is, I'm 29. On the young side ...

So, like most, I am afraid that it's some form of cancer ... but what are the other possibilities? Particularly given my age my doc. has mildly assured me that it's likely not cancer or precancer ... so, what else will they be looking for to explain my abnormal pap and symptoms?

Any insight would be much appreciated ... or if anyone has experienced these same results/symptoms I'd really like to know the outcome. My next appointment isn't for another 3 and half weeks ... I hate that ...

Thanks ...