View Single Post
Old 06-15-2009, 03:50 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User
Re: Mother is Dying of Lung Cancer, sister doesn't care...

Abigail, darlin...

It sounds like your sister has some issues that are keeping her from doing the right things at the right time. Not only did she choose to turn your mother's celebration of life and family, into a "goodbye party" ...she has also acted inappropriately about visiting, and sharing some of the load of care taking for your mother. I wouldn't take it so personally, it sounds as if your sister has a history of mental illness, that often makes it impossible for your sister to be there when you need her.

I am sure your mother knows this deep down inside, and is appreciates your devotion to her, more than you will ever know. You mentioned that you have always been the baby, but now you are not...That is a very strong statement that you should be proud of. Give your mother all the love you have, without being resentful of your sister. I promise, it will pay you back everyday of your life.

From a daughter, and a mom...Best to you and your mother