View Single Post
Old 06-22-2009, 12:17 AM   #1
(female)

Precious55 HB UserPrecious55 HB UserPrecious55 HB UserPrecious55 HB UserPrecious55 HB User
Question I am hurting so bad with my feet

It's been a long time since I posted here. I had a Mortons Neuroma removed a couple of years ago, and had a bunion removed on the same foot. For the past months I've had really bad burning on the bottoms of both feet, along with my feet looking red. Along with that I have a painful callous on the ball of my foot. The Dr. who did the surgery said I would need orthotics after my surgery, but because my insurance won't cover the $400 I have not gotten them. What can I do for the burning? I've tried all kinds of lotions and soaking them but I get no relief. I'm on my feet 8 hours a day, and when I come home I can barely get in the door and get off my feet. A friend at my job went to a place called "FOOT SOLUTIONS" and was fitted with shoes, and she loves them and is out of pain. Another person I know has them also and loves them. They're kind of pricey($280) , but worth it. I'm wondering if I go and get the shoes without getting fitted with the orthotics would be okay? Anyone else in my situation please respond. Also, I have to wear black socks at work and tried about every kind there is, and still hurting. I need some ideas I can try. Thanks.