View Single Post
Old 06-22-2009, 07:23 PM   #1
(female)

jtb123 HB User
What kind of tests can a 21 yo take to determine whether she has a Learning Disorder?

What kind of tests can a 21 yo take to determine whether she has a Learning Disorder? "She," referring to myself.

My brother has Asperger's Syndrome, and my cousin has Autism. I've always had trouble with math, and reading in school. I haven't read a book on my own since 4th grade when I read Stuart Little. I cannot finish a book. I am in college now, but I am registered with the center for disabilities, and I get double-time on my exams, and I get to take exams alone and with a computer, as well.

I attend a good college, and I have a 3.949 GPA, but there is still something wrong, I think. My math-level is very poor, and I am a very slow worker/learner, in general. I also take much longer than all of my classmates to finish work, and it takes me a long time to think. I always feel like there's something "blocking" my brain. Can someone let me know if there's any test that I can take to see if my suspicions are valid? I spoke to my Doctor, and he seems to agree, but he doesn't seem to know much about the testing-process. Can someone help? Thanks!