View Single Post
Old 07-03-2009, 02:23 PM   #1
(female)

sdevine HB User
total fatigue and muscle weakness

I have not been diagnosed with MS, but it is something I am looking into. My symptoms started about 6 years ago with neck spasms and being bone tired. Then things started to get better and only recently have things gotten worse. I also was not myself, couldn't think of right words, and was really crabby which was odd for me.

I finally went to the doctor after having almost constant neck spasms. I had no injury but they would just not quit and got worse. I also had terrible fatigue and muscle aches, some numbness in my hands (although it was only in the winter). I was put on 50,000 units of vitamin D3 thinking this was my problem. Well, all my symptoms went away. Then they did a level on me and found my vitamin D was too high and took me off of it. My calcium level was normal.

After 2 weeks off the vitamin D3, all my symptoms came back. I still have a sore neck but not nearly as bad.

My other labs were normal. Lyme's, PTH, TSH, hemoglobin, etc. They are sending me to a neurologist but since I don't have that many symptoms--- I don't know if it's worth it.

My main problem is the crabbiness/irritability (which is not ME at all) and muscle weakness and being tired. I didn't even realize how weak I was until I got on the vitamin D. I was so tired I was falling asleep at 5 pm--not me either. I used to have so much energy.

I am 38 years old and like I said-- this started mildly about 6 years ago and sort of went away for a while. When I was on tramadol for back pain temporarily, my other symptoms went away too.

I would just much rather stay on the vitamin D but they won't let me.

Is it possible this could even be MS without other symptoms?

Let me add a few more symptoms I recently learned could be related. Basically over the last 2 years, I have had major word-finding difficulties and substituting the wrong words. We even joke that my kids know my language because I have gotten to the point I just say the first word that pops into my head because it's funny: Go hang up your coat in the fridge.

Concentrating, forgetting. I need lists for everything.

I also have this weird memory thing where my brain will put a "long ago" label on something I KNOW happened just the other day. Hard to describe but if you have had it, you know what I mean.

Last edited by sdevine; 07-03-2009 at 02:52 PM.