View Single Post
Old 07-06-2009, 01:42 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User
Re: New Member...and quite a confused one!

Hi there! I find what works best is making little changes at a time. If you snack often, a good start for you would be to start bringing some healthy snacks for you to munch on during the day. I like to take an apple or light string cheese to work. I also like beef jerky and mixed nuts. Try swapping out unhealthy snacks for good ones! That's a good place to start.

At home, try to keep lots of healthy options around too. I like to keep salad around and love to add it to my meals. Eating in fruits and veggies helps make a diet better. Swap out fried/fattening meats for grilled or baked, lean ones. Swap your white bread for wheat. Also aim to drink lots of water.

Then of course, exercise is great to go along with a healthy diet. I used to hate running, but now I really like it. I get stressed and running helps calm me down and gives me energy to get through busy days. I also like to lift light weights. Doing something you ENJOY and not hate really helps make it easier! I keep a planner where I write down everything I need to do. I write down when I need to work out too so it's a priority. I used to slack off if I was busy and do other things first. Now, I work out during my lunch breaks or in the evening, and save my errands and things to do for afterwards.