View Single Post
Old 07-18-2009, 03:07 AM   #3
(female)

Tight Socks HB User
Re: Seeking opinion regarding cause of peripheral neuropathy

Nemotin: Hi there. I have had peripheral neuropathy for almost 8 years and the best I can figure is that it's from years of undiagnosed diabetes. Found this out out when my feet would hurt especially after drinking. Would happen mostly about 12 hours later. The pain is always there now even without drinking a drop. I'm on 8 neurontin a day plus percocet for breakthrough pain, esp at night. I woke up today and my feet decided to hurt all day for no good reason. My blood sugar readings are perfect now since I take Januvia, but still the pain. I have always had severe pain in my right little toe and now in the base of my left big toe that no drugs can touch. Was just tested for gout but it came back negative. Sometimes it's pure hell, but goes away after about an hour. Don't know why that happens. When it does, my legs, including the thighs just cramp and twinge like crazy. This whole thing is such a drain sometimes because otherwise I feel really good. I'm a 62 year old woman who feels shackled with this condition and just praying the pain will go away and I'm just left with the numbness, which I also have. Good luck guy and keep trying to find what works for you since everyone is different. If you don't get answers, try another doctor. Usually they aren't a whole lot of help really since it's such an elusive disease. Anyway, hang in there-you're not alone. This board has been a lifeline for me and many others. Do a search, which should be helpful. Take care, Joyce.

The following user gives a hug of support to Tight Socks:
sligo111213 (10-14-2011)