View Single Post
Old 07-22-2009, 07:59 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
Re: Post brain surgery

i am just curious if she is actually on ANY type of the anti convulsants at all? some people can be very very sensitive to them. the thing here is they actually kind of do their 'work" from the cerebellum which just happens to also govern some vision,gait,balance and speech. this is also the area that alcohol affects too when we drink? when the police are doing their little tests when someone gets pulled over this IS the area of the brain they are checking and testing since it gets slowly put to sleep with alcohol too. every single test they do is simply checking the overall 'proprioperception'.

her overall proprio really does appear to be what is being impacted most right now. but like i mentioned already, if she IS actually on any of the anti C types of meds, which are sometimes kind of standard after certain brain surgeries, it could also be either causing this or at least exascerbating it. was her tumor in her cerebellum or even near it at all? just some things that could explain her symptoms. jenny is also very right about any patient with brain injury/surgery needing sleep. they usually will actually place most brain injury patients into a purposeful coma for just this reason. they did this with my youngest when he suffered a traumatic brain injury too back in 04? he had a brain bleed into the frontal lobe along with a double skull fracture right up the back skull sutures.

hopefully her docs are all on top of these things and are making certain she is indeed getting the best care possible. i am sorry she has had to suffer this way. please let us know how she is doing. Marcia