View Single Post
Old 08-01-2009, 08:23 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User
Re: Why dont I age as fast as others

nightling,

You're wondering if it happens to others and why: It does occasionally happen to others. I have a cousin who was about 75 when I last saw him and he looked more like 50 to 55. And you said that you smoke and have several other bad habbits. Well, he smokes (or did smoke) and likes to drink adult beverages.

Some possible reasons: It could be partly genetic and partly due to his lifestyle. I say partly genetic because his father lived to over 100. And partly lifestyle because 1) he is a very relaxed even-tempered person. 2) he has always had a great family life 3) like his father he likes fresh fruit and vegetables 4) drinking in moderation may have some health benefits.

This doesn't mean that smoking is okay. It just means that in some people smoking can be offset by other factors.

We all manufacture stem cells in our bodies and these stem cells are then used for making repairs. In the average person, stem cell production declines with age. But because everyone is different, some people keep producing more for a longer period of time. That's one possible explanation.