View Single Post
Old 08-18-2009, 05:59 AM   #13
Inactive
(female)

starryGal09 HB UserstarryGal09 HB UserstarryGal09 HB User
Re: I need info on iodine

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcaimless View Post
Another interesting aspect to this discussion is fluoride and its presence in our tap water and toothpastes. Here is an article about this and how it displace iodine:

"Fluoride competes for the receptor sites on the thyroid gland which respond to the thyroid stimulating hormone; so that less of this hormone reaches the thyroid gland and so less thyroid hormone is manufactured.

These damaging effects, all of which occur with small concentrations of fluoride, have obvious and easily identifiable effects on thyroid status. The running down of thyroid hormone means a slow slide into hypothyroidism. Already the incidence of hypothyroidism is increasing as a result of other environmental toxins and pollutions together with wide spread nutritional deficiencies."
I have been reading a fluoride action network site, very informative. I have begun to locate a distiller for our home, or SOME type of filtration - reverse osmosis? and am trying to eliminate as much fluorine as possible: black teas, toothpaste, etc.
I take cause with the fact we, as citizens, have no choice in whether we want this harmful chemical in our bodies. What right do they have?? Is it really to keep us calm? Or am I just getting paranoid and thinking there is a conspiracy in this country??

Last edited by starryGal09; 08-18-2009 at 06:01 AM.