View Single Post
Old 08-30-2009, 06:14 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

jennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB User
Re: New to the Board.. survivor: Lower Cerebellum Stroke

Hi Keith and welcome! I've also been having lower brain strokes but mine are a little higher than yours(thalamus, hypothalamus area) and have not been hemmorhagic but vessels collapse due to long standing hypertension. But the effect is similar although mine have been much smaller than yours.

We are fortunate as this is the one area of the brain where you are most likely to have a full recovery unlike those with strokes of the upper part of the brain. I'm glad you have had a great recovery and now stay on those HBP meds. It's the only way to control the damage. I have Type 2 diabetes with it so that means even more damage. So about all I have left is trying to keep all stressors out of my life. right.......

So hang out and say hello to those who need support. As you well know, strokes are VERY scary for both the patient and family and they need all the help and support we can give.

Again...........welcome and gentle hugs...............Jenny