View Single Post
Old 08-31-2009, 10:10 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User
Re: New to the Board.. survivor: Lower Cerebellum Stroke

Hello Keith, and welcome to the HealthBoards...we are glad you are here!

I too am a stroke survivor, having 4 simultaneous strokes 5 years ago. My strokes were the result of malignant hypertension, and the strokes were just the beginning of it ! In conjunction with the strokes, I also suffered kidney failure, a heart attack, vision problems, and other issues (anxiety, RLS, apnea).

BUT...I am here today, and grateful to be alive! I have been on the boards for about a year now, and I have learned so much about myself, and others who have experienced strokes. My deficits include memory loss, speech problems (switching words & letters around...kinda funny), but I can type.

I am 48 years old now, 43 years old at the time of the strokes. Between Jenny and I, we have had 9 strokes altogether, so you are in good company here. It's nice to meet you, and you can always come here for support, and understanding.

Janet