View Single Post
Old 09-03-2009, 09:50 AM   #4
(female)

earthworm88 HB Userearthworm88 HB Userearthworm88 HB Userearthworm88 HB User
Re: Double vision, diplopia, vertigo... can anyone help, please?

Hmm....that was a bit of a non-sequitur....

Izzy, I am sorry that you are suffering so much and it definitely has an impact on the quality of your life. I am only able to relate to everything except for the vertigo. I had visual auras in the past without having headaches (that's common also). I also had severe shoulder pain, back pain (usually around shoulder blades areas but can spread upward or downward) and can cause tinkling funny sensations down my arms to my fingertips. The sensation was hard to explain but the worst time was I just wanted to cut my arms off and rest them somewhere, that's how aggravating they felt. I had tried different way to sleep to get comfortable, and at times I was lying at 45 degree angle to sleep. I had gone to Chiropractor many times for "adjustment" but without long lasting effects. After couple years of suffering and going to the doctors, I finally came to the conclusion that it was my bad posture during work. I tried really hard to correct myself but it wasn't easy. Coincidentally, I started taking ballroom dance classes especially the Standard dance ie Waltz etc which emphasized on proper posture. Lo and behold, my pain started to subside as months passed.

From what you had described, and you realized that you have poor ergonomics when you work and you seem to work a lot, so I thought you may want to examine and analyze from that angle as well.

As for the vertigo and purging, my sister had those episodes at least once a month and that's from her horrible migraines. When that happens, she practically lives in the bathroom, with the windows shut. She would sit by the toilet in total darkness, with her head on the seat (to keep herself from falling) and puke her guts out. It was disheartening to see.

As rudiraven suggested, you may have migraines. In my opinion, you may be one of the unlucky ones with really horrible migraines with all those symptoms under the sky or you may actually have combination of problems. Thank goodness at least your medical tests so far showed negative.

I hope you will be able to get to the bottom of this and move on. Best of luck with your MRI. Take care.

Cheers!