View Single Post
Old 09-08-2009, 04:14 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

AlexaIn2006 HB UserAlexaIn2006 HB UserAlexaIn2006 HB User
Re: Torn on regular flu shot for 2 year old???

I would say not to get the flu shot, she doesn't need it. First and most importantly, I encourage anyone who has not read an actual package insert from the shot, to read it. If you are comfortable with certain chemicals, metals and DNA being injected into the body then okay.

Something else to think about is that nobody talks about natural prevention or building up your immune system naturally. I can tell you I have a 3.5 year old daughter who has never been sick in her life yet. I stopped vaccines at 12 months (personal choice) and she never had a flu shot before.

I practice prevention. I give her Herbs for Kids brand Echinacea, daily vitamins, plenty of sunshine. If I believe she could get sick, such as when she little friends are sick, which they constantly are, then I give her Grapefruit Seed Extract. I also like to add essential oils such as bergamot, lavendar, and eucalyptus to her baths. What does these things have in common? Natural defense against sickness and they build up the immune system. These things are naturally antibacterial, antiviral, and antifungal.
Drinks like Naked fruit juice which are full fruits are good and the use of pro-biotics.

Something else to think about is that our bodies are not made for chemicals and we bombard them daily with the chemicals that are in our genetically modified and packaged foods. When we slather on body wash, lotion, etc. we also are putting chemicals directly into our bodies as well as environmental toxins and cleaning products. Basically what happens is that our bodies work hard to try to filter out these things because they do not belong. When you get a flu shot, you are injecting more toxins into the body which futher weakens your natural immune system's ability to fight, so it really doesn't make sense.

Last edited by AlexaIn2006; 09-08-2009 at 04:18 PM.