View Single Post
Old 09-10-2009, 10:31 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User
Re: 7 wks and counting, unknown diagnosis,my mothers is in acoma. they dont know why

Oh Mary, what an impossible situation you are in! I am truly sorry that you are going through this with your mother. What really hurts, is that I am close to your mother's age, and I have a son 25, and another 15. I cannot imagine how something like this would terrify them, and it is a mother's worst fear.

Is your dad in the picture, or other family members to support you during this difficult time? I certainly hope so, sweetheart...I feel so badly for you. When did this issue of signing off come up? This is not a decision you should make alone, without proper counseling and alternative options discussed openly by someone who has some training in such dilemmas.

Have you spoken to a social worker at the hospital? One should be made available to you. Does your mother have insurance benefits? Do you have a power of attorney to make medical decisions for her?

I am so sorry...I am here if there is anything I can do to help you...