View Single Post
Old 09-12-2009, 08:52 AM   #1
(female)

newbrunswick45 HB User
Holy toledo Batman - its an aneurysm!

For those of you that have seen my various boards, I have been searching for over 6 years to find out whats wrong with me.

It started out as stroke symptoms, then MS. I've had 2 MRI's, ENG, EEG, Lumbar puncture, 2 Cat scans, countless blood tests etc. No matter where I turned, I just could not find someone who could tell me what was wrong. My last CAT scan was 2 years ago and I was told at that time it was a "Veinous malformation" - however, the actual report suggested annuryism, but my Neurologist said it was only a malformation I was born with.

Fast forward 2 years later, I wake up with the worst headache (I never get headaches) and Nystigumus. The ER doctors wanted to follow up with a Cat scan after reviewing my files - I was taken in immediately. For those that know the Canadian medical system - it takes months to get a Cat scan or MRI. I was then given a referral to a Neurosergeon - 3 weeks later. Again, another first for me.

Went to see him and he said "so has anyone told you about your annuryism?" I explained that I was told it was a malformation - he looked puzzled and again looked at the Cat scan, took out his stethescope and held it to my head. Explained that malformations make a noise and mine does not, giving even more justification that its an annuryism. I am going to be scheduled for an Angioplast shortly.

So, the location is the right front forehead - I think I saw it on the Cat scan as being 4 (mm? or cm?) long. I'm 46 female - Many symptoms I've suffered and am amazed that for 2 years, I've had this in my head and nothing was done.........

Just wanted to vent - any insight from those that really understand?

Thanks!

Symptoms:

Chronic vertigo/balance issues resulting in numerous falls
numbness in hands and feet
Raynauds
numerous cognitive issues - early dementia?
restless legs
joint and nerve pain
Major depressive disorder including suicide attempt
erratic behaviour I cannot explain

Chronic Vertigo
Fibromylagia
Major Depressive Disorder
Peripherial Neuropathy
Vascular/Veinous malformation behind right eye
Raynauds
Restless Leg Syndrome
Neurological disorders