View Single Post
Old 09-23-2009, 08:13 AM   #5
(female)

newbrunswick45 HB User
Re: Holy toledo Batman - its an aneurysm!

Ok, Marcia, I brought my reports in and maybe this will help you understand the different types of MRI's/Cat scans done.....

01/15/07

MRI Head - data sets that include sagital T1, axial T2, axial proton density, coronal FLAIR, diffusion weighted imaging and apparent diffusion coefficient were obtained.

No abnormality has been demonstrated in the paranasal sinuses, the globes, the orbits, the nasopharynx, the oropharynx, C1, C2 or the proximal cervical cord. The brainstem, the midbrain structures, cerebellum, CSF spaces, the ventricles, the corpus callosum and the pitutary gland are normal.

On the coronal FLAIR, the focal areas of increased signal present in the left parietal lobe and the right parietal lobe are non-specific findings. These can be seen with hypertension, ischemia, infarction, diabetes and migraines. The number of foci are not sufficient for a diagnosis of multiple sclerosis however, a demyelinating disorder cannot be excluded.

10/19/07

CT Circle of Willis w/Contrast (includes Head w/Contrast)
CT Angio of the circle of Willis

No abnormality of the posterior circulation, no midline shift is shown. The vertebral arteries have symmetrical appreances and are about the same calibre.

An unusual finding is shown in the anterior circulation. Initially I thought there was an aneurysm arising from the region of the genu of the right middle cerebral artery however there are abnormal vessels shown in this region immediately anteriorly to the first intradural part of the right ICA. The each ophthalmic artery looks normal. There is however another vessel that I think arises atypically from the internal carotid artery and then extends forward into the anterior medial part of the right temporal fossa near the area of the superior oribal fissure. Here a fusiform dilatation of the vessel is shown. There may be early draining veins here as well. Several smaller vessels have the fusiform vessel are shown. One of these vessels I think derives from the M1 segment of the right middle cerebral artery and then extends forward into a lesion near the superior orbital fissure.

Because we are seeing both arteries and veins simultaneously here at this state in the study it is really hard to know if we are dealing with an aneurysm or a varix to account for the abnormal appearance.

I would recommend that a catheter angiography be done

________________________________________ ___________________

Ok, I seem to have not brought in all my reports. I have another MRI report that reads very similar to the one I posted.

So, I'm waiting for my follow up with the Neurosurgeon.

Thanks!

Clare

Chronic Vertigo
Fibromylagia
Major Depressive Disorder
Peripherial Neuropathy
Vascular/Veinous malformation behind right eye
Raynauds
Restless Leg Syndrome
Neurological disorders