Thread: Panic Disorder
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2009, 11:02 PM   #1
(male)

matthalc HB User
Panic Disorder

I am meeting with my Doctor on Monday and I would like to know if there are newer medications we can try. Right now I am taking 10mg of valium twice a day. I also have been taking 300mg of Effexor XR each day. I quit the Effexor one month and believe I am past the detox. My wife is not very happy with me but I needed to see how I would function without the medication and rely on meditation and positive thinking.

It is not going very well. I own three businesses which have prospered more in the past month probably more because I am a jerk when it comes to business. I dropped my benevolence policies and it is all about doing the projects and getting paid. No more fun.

This is a 180 from where I was going and question the medication. Are there new information about Effexor which would prompt me to try a new treatment? I do not feel depressed, I do however feel like crap most days. I have to keep myself up and positive and pay no attention to the negatives that attack. I do not drink which is how I medicated the attacks 15-10 years ago.

Any feedback would be appreciated.