View Single Post
Old 10-23-2009, 07:47 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

harmony85 HB User
Brachial Plexus Infusion/block

My doctor referred me to the rehab. institute of seattle and wants me to try this treatment. I'm really nervous about having it done because I've had rsd for so long and it's traveled and gotten worse to the point that I've been told nothing would help because it's just been to long.
I looked at the different studies that were done with this treatment but unfortunately with people who have had rsd symptoms for longer than 6 months either saw very small results or none at all. I'm going on 3 years this spring. I'm WAY past the 6 months.
Has anyone had this treatment? Did it work? The side effects can be pretty nasty and I would have to stay at the hospital for a minimum of a month if not longer because of the progression of the rsd.
Looking for any answers about this treatment. I found through hours of looking at trials and medical journals that 99% of the time the infusion and or block is done with Liquid Clonidine and bupivacaine.
I have heard of Clonidine but not the other.
Has anyone had either. The side effects with the liquid medicine is pretty nasty too,you take that on top of the side effects and risks of the infusion it self and it could be hairy so to speak.
Thanks for the replies. Stay warm. Hoping everyone isn't having as stressful day as me. I just found out this has been approved by the w/c self insurance and I only have a small window to decide if I want to go ahead with the treatment. I don't live even close to seattle so that's one thing I have to consider too. Although it's not on the top of the list.
Thanks again,sorry to ramble,just really at a loss of what I should do.
Deanne