View Single Post
Old 10-25-2009, 01:51 PM   #4
(female)

everybody smile HB User
Re: Flu-like symptoms without fever?

Hi WSpencer, I see you're in the Boston area - I'm on the south shore. There is at least one nasty cold/stomach bug going around this area in addition to the H1N1 virus. (As I posted here in another thread,) my son was home with severe nausea and much of what you describe for 4 solid days before it broke... there was no fever, and in fact he registered cold - I though my thermometer was broken.

He was better on Friday/Saturday, Today however he has a bad cough, aches and fever as well as a strange abscess on his foot unlike anything I've ever seen. This is most likely something new hitting him - but he only had contact with the outside world for a few minutes yesterday, so I did wonder if the H1N1 virus could start off as a bad cold and progress into something worse after a week.

Even if this isn't the Swine flu you have, you still have an illness that needs care & rest. Stay hydrated and drink lots of chicken noodle soup. (it saved my eldest son, but that's a story for another day) I hope you're feeling better soon!

Last edited by everybody smile; 10-25-2009 at 02:10 PM. Reason: typo