View Single Post
Old 10-29-2009, 10:23 AM   #1
(female)

tb779 HB User
Swine flu & mild meningitis

My 15 year old daughter has been sick for a solid two weeks. Stuffy nose, cough, low grade fever off and on and sometime lower than normal. headache and body aches. This week she was transported to the ER with severe headache, weakness in her legs body aches, low grade fever then again lower than normal. The urgent care doctor who had her transported was afraid she had meningitis. The ER doctor said she had the flu, he stated that there are no tests being given for swine flu unless you are admitted to the hospital. She had a nasal swab when she first started having the symptoms it was negative for the flu. The ER doc said there are a lot of false negatives. They did do a lumbar puncture and the results were low CSF glucose. This has been the sickest my daughter has ever been even when she had pnuemonia several years ago. She is beginning to have periods of time when she is feeling better, but i am wondering when it would be safe to go back to school. I never received a definitive diagnosis on the flu or mild meningitis. I am scared of her relapsing because we have been going through the feeling better then each time she gets worse the next time. When will this virus end.