View Single Post
Old 11-01-2009, 09:37 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

harka HB Userharka HB Userharka HB Userharka HB Userharka HB Userharka HB Userharka HB Userharka HB User
Re: Doctor can't figure out what is wrong, thinks it's Lyme disease

Hi there,

You may be having issues getting in because many ID doctors will not see patients for "chronic Lyme disease" because most people don't believe it exists (though there are ID docs who are willing to treat it).

Has ANYTHING worked? Someone else posted something similar to you and I asked about things like exercise and/or antidepressants? I don't think you're depressed, but antidepressants do have medical effects OTHER than the mood effects which can sometimes help symptoms like the ones you describe. The problem with that huge list of symptoms is with their non-specificity. I'm sure you have every single one of those symptoms, but unfortunately together OR by themselves, they don't point towards any single diagnosis.

Again, I don't think you're depressed, but ask your doctor to see if she'll give you a short trial of venlafaxine or mirtazapine for a short period of time and see if it works. If it doesn't work, at least you know.