View Single Post
Old 11-04-2009, 06:55 PM   #10
(male)

Julius2009 HB User
Angry Re: Help! Severe brain fog, lethargy, sleep & skin problems for a decade! Thyroid iss

I just had the most insulting and frustrating visit with my family doctor ever.

Frankly, I don't know if I have a thyroid problem, or chronic fatigue, or any other kind of disorder. What I know is how horrid I feel all the time, and what this has done to my life.

Well, I printed the list with my symptoms (same one I posted here a few days back), and took it to my family doctor, to see if there's anything we are missing. He did some test the first time I mentioned my symptoms, and ever since he's claimed I'm depressed and it's all in my head.

So, I printed my list of symptoms, took it to the doctor, and explained it to him today, in detail. He didn't even want to read the nice little document I put together.

His response? This is what he said to me:

Quote:
"Wow. You've really taken a lot of time on this! It seems a bit obsessive, wasting so much time on this stuff. Any other doctor would see this list you put together and think you are coo-coo... Not me, of course.
I'll send you to a psychiatrist to check you for OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder). You may need some antidepressants..."
F#ck this! My concern for a debilitating affliction that's been plaguing me for 12 years is "wasting time of this stuff". And because I provided a very detailed list with my symptoms, trying to trace this problem and see if I there's something we are missing... and I must be whacked in the head.

I don't want this man to be my family doctor anymore. Furthermore, I don't think I'm even going to see this psychiatrist, based on his biased demeanor to me. I feel so insulted right now.

Last edited by Julius2009; 11-04-2009 at 07:17 PM.