Thread: I'm new here...
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2009, 07:54 AM   #20
(female)

Dodie3736 HB User
Re: I'm new here...

Hi Teresa.... I hate having my family so far away... but the girls call me at least once a week... and the grand kids keep in touch on line... as a matter of fact, my daughter (Kansas) and her daughter & family were here for a visit in June... I hadn't seen her since 06..when we took a car trip out west for a month to visit them,my daughter and grands in CO and my sister in MO and friend in AZ.. of course there's not much I can do anymore... my husband,(God Bless him) takes care of everything... and he is 83... but when the girls come over, they take over to give him a break... I kinda supervise..lol.....I walk w/crutches and use a scooter to get around stores... I still drive... w/hand controls..I got my first set of hand controls 34 yrs ago, when all the kids and their friends chipped in for them for our anniversary... and I won't give that up..as long as my hands & forearms work.. ... the doc told me to get into a wheelchair but I'm not ready to give up just yet....that's why they call us "survivors"...
I don't remember the pain at the beginning... just what my mother told me.. she said I was just shy of the iron lung... so I've come a long way, baby...lol
Thank goodness, I only have a cat... I don't think I could handle a 90pd
boxer on my lap.. now the malti-poo I can.... take care of yourself.. talk to you later... HUGS... Dolores