View Single Post
Old 12-08-2009, 09:31 PM   #1
(male)

sythdrummer90 HB User
Another hypochondriac with a brain tumor concern...

I am an 18 year old male that has been struggling with hypochondria and severe anxiety for most of my life. I have worried about such things as heart attacks and appendicitis, however i can assure you this is a bit different.

For a few years now, I have been suffering from several symptoms, such as depersonalization, severe lack of concentration and minor lack of memory, and vision problems (such as floaters and increased sensitivity to light, also the occasional flash), I have never had good vision though. I have had extreme nearsightedness all my life. Just recently I have been having regular pressure headaches on the left side of my head, about midway back and seemingly deep. Anyway, I have recently been worrying more and more about the possibility of a brain tumor. I am absolutley not a person to be running to the ER at every little sneeze, but one day last year, my DP got so bad (before I knew what DP really was) that I had to take a trip to said ER. I underwent a CT scan, which came up clear, but my symptoms continued.

On one side of the coin, I know how anxiety can affect the physical body, and after spending months online searching my condition, I've discovered many people that have symptoms close to mine.

On the other side of the coin, well, I'm a hypochondriac and I am very concerned about the little details- The fact that tumors can sometimes take a long while to be noticed, that CT scans aren't always accurate, and the fact that i feel just so abnormal that its hard to think that anxiety could cause such persistant physical symptoms. At times I get so paranoid that I do not talk to anyone, and I am just locked alone in this state of horror.

On a side note, I am almost always exhausted. I find it terribly difficult to get up and go to work, and once I get there I feel that I may fall asleep halfway through my shift. Oddly, sometimes after I have been working for about 5 hours, I feel less tired and more motivated. Bear in mind that I do not always "wake up" after working, it is not an everyday occurance.

So, if anybody out there has any idea at all about what I should think, please don't hesitate to respond.

Thanks in advance,
Nate.