View Single Post
Old 12-09-2009, 01:22 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

ozzybug HB Userozzybug HB Userozzybug HB Userozzybug HB User
Re: Just need a little support...

Well, it's late, but happy birthday Tinabean! (that's my party hat!!)

I know what you mean. I give and give and give to others. I do as much as I can to help others, and then when I need something, or someone to be there for me? Nada!

I know you'd love to be back to what you were before because I've wished so many times that I would never have allowed the first surgeon to work on my knee. He is the reason for all my problems today. BUT, we can't go back, and we have to work with what we have.

On thanksgiving, I was thinking to myself about how bad I was going to be hurting after traveling to and from my mother in law's house all in one day since I had to work the day after. She lives in the next state. I was starting to get upset about knowing I would hurt really bad for days after. Then, it dawned on me. I maybe shouldn't get so upset about the pain because the fact that I hurt means I'm alive. I know that my not sound like much, but it did help me for some reason.

And don't feel that your pain isn't as bad as someone else's pain. Pain is relative to the person feeling it. Yes, there are people who have bigger problems, BUT that doesn't mean your issues aren't any less important to your daily life you know? It's ok to be overwhelmed and it's ok to have days when you do feel sorry for yourself- you are only human. The key is that you pick yourself back up and move forward. You are doing that and this sweetie is a positive thing.

You can always come here and get tons of support, information and understanding. I think it helps to know you aren't alone.

Take care, and have a great day!

(((hugs)))