Final got the Path report and it's not good!
Hi everyone. It's been a few weeks since I've posted. My husband is busy with his excercises and is getting more control every day. He is now 3 weeks post cath removal and is down to 3 pads a day. The most leaking is when he is up moving around so he's a little worried about going back to work next week as he's pretty much on his feet all day. Anyways last Thursday the doctor called with the results and it wasn't what we wanted to hear. Instead of a Gleason of 6 it was a 7 so much more aggresive then they thought which is what we based our decision to wait the 7 months for robotic surgery on. Then they said it was a T1 and it ended up being a T3 and had spread outside the prostate! Damn. We are very upset. The doctor is pretty sure he took enough tissue from around the prostate and is pretty sure he got it all but..... So he goes back March 1 and we'll get the first psa results which he'll do late February. So we are back into the waiting mode yet again which as I've read comes with PC for sure. He says that after the psa test we will talk about what comes next and whether he'll need radiation. I guess he could be okay for the first test and then over the next 5 years we'll just keep waiting for each and every psa test. Anyone out there with the same numbers? His psa in January was 5.7, then May was 6.1 then October was 6.89. What do you think the chances are that it will come back with these number? I'm so mad that it had gotten outside the prostate.