View Single Post
Old 12-28-2009, 02:17 PM   #7
(female)

thinkfast HB User
Re: Take Plaquenil if few clinical SLE symptoms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlfrrll View Post
Hello Thinkfast I am new to this site but not to lupus. I have had it since 2005 well it was discovered than. The Rheumatologist I see advised after hearing my history of out breaks with skin and joint issues,even my acid reflux and IBS feeles this was all to lupus and my ana testing always came back positive. The other Drs I seen blew it off as thyroid condition. Untill I has a bad out break on my skin from head to toe including shingles. The Dr put me on plaquinel right away and said I will be on it for the rest of my life. Now I take prednisone if I have a flare up which sometimes can happen but nothing like I had. The Dr states the plaquinel is one of the best drugs to help keep lupus under control. If your Dr does not want to put you on this you could try another Rheumatologist. I have met alot of people now with this and they all seem to be on some kind of medication to try and prevent flare ups. All the issues with your skin the sun the cold all are part of this. I get out of the shower and my whole body is bright red just from the water than it goes away. Well good luck on your decision for the plaquinel Iam glad am on it
Thank you for your feedback. It seems a lot of people who have had unpleasant lupus symptoms do recommend being on Plaquenil. Interesting that your doctor thinks your stomach issues are due to the lupus. My doctors have typically thought my stomach issues were due to stress.

Hope you are doing well.
thinkfast