View Single Post
Old 01-05-2010, 01:17 PM   #5
(female)

jdsun HB User
Re: My own (encouraging) laparoscopy experience

Estria-
Thank you for sharing your experience. I had my laparscopic surgery yesterday to remove my right ovary and tube. Like you, I had a large cyst that was causing me terrible pain. I had a hysterectomy 3 months ago, but my ovaries were kept because they were healthy (at the time). Since then, I had a cyst develop that got caught up in some of the adhesions from my last surgery and the cyst twisted my ovary....OUCH!

I am in a good amount of discomfort still. I am ok as long as I don't try and change my position. Getting up and out of bed or a chair is somewhat painful. i also have some pain in my upper shoulders from the gas. When I had my hysterectomy 3 months ago, it was also done laparscopically, but I had ZERO gas pains. I am not sure why I am feeling it a lot more this time. I am hoping that in the next few days it will disappear. I have a 3 and 5 yr old at home to take care of.

My doctor also told me that my cyst did not look cancerous one bit, but like you I am anxiously awaiting the pathology report.

Thanks again for sharing.
Jdsun