View Single Post
Old 01-05-2010, 02:51 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User
Re: What's Your Bod Made Of?? :D

Greenjuice,

Random thoughts that may be helpful (or not):

You mentioned that you take coQ10: Your liver produces coQ10 and as young as you are, there should be nothing wrong with the amount that your liver produces. In many instances, when you take a supplement your body will react by ceasing to produce it and possibly your liver could lose its ability to produce it. I believe there is a blood test for coQ10 and I would recommend taking it before supplementing.

Anti-inflammatory: I believe inflammation is usually caused by eating the wrong foods such as sugar and baked goods made with white flour. Being overweight is another reason for inflammation. If you eat good food, eliminate bad food, maintain a healthy weight, then there should be no need to take anti-inflammatories, in my opinion.

Question about iron: I just read online that drinking green tea reduces iron absorbtion and is therefore bad for anaemia sufferers.

Okinawan elders, who are the healthiest and longest lived people in the world, don't believe in taking supplements. This is known from a large scale long term population study. Is there any reputable population study to show health and longevety for those who take lots of supplements? I've never heard of any large scale long term reputable study for this.