View Single Post
Old 01-06-2010, 12:00 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User
Re: What's Your Bod Made Of?? :D

Greenjuice,

After reading about all the many health problems you have overcome, I feel more confident in what you are doing. I can't say that I completely understand it but if it's working so well for you, then by all means you should keep doing what works. And now that I know you're getting blood tests and guidance from your father, it puts things in a whole new light. It doesn't seem quite so risky anymore.

Understanding how "health and nutrition" works is not always easy. What works for one person may not work for another. If there are any rules, there are always exceptions to those rules.

My personal experience leads me to be warry of drugs and supplements because there are not many things I can physically tolerate (like fish oil, aspirin, the acid form of vitamin C, and certain higher amounts of vitamin D3). I only take B12 and D3. B12 because I'm on a plant based diet and 600 units of D3 because my test-score result was low. That's it for me and I'm completely healthy. I just saw my doctor on Jan. 4 and he said, "keep up the good work!". So far I only see him for check-ups as I don't have any health problems.

I was greatly influenced by reading, "The Okinawa Program", "The China Study" and "The Spectrum". I started my plant based diet after reading "The China Study" in May of 2006 and I've been on it ever since. Other than the two supplements, my regimen consists of eating natural whole plant foods and about 6 to 7 ounces of salmon or sardines per week.

Last edited by JohnR41; 01-06-2010 at 12:02 PM. Reason: Punctuation