View Single Post
Old 01-10-2010, 05:35 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

nochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB User
High tolerance to Pain meds. HELP PLEASE!!!

Hello. I'm extremely worried again. I believe I have a very high tolerance to narcotic pain meds. Everything was really fine till recently. I was on 10mg Oxycontin and then told my doctor that stopped working and then my doctor increased it to 20mg...then soon later, say a week later, told my doctor it's not working. I'm losing my mind completelly.

My doctor is nerveous on me. Since I have lot's of 20mg oxycontin left he said take them together and come back again for the 40mg Oxycontin.
When will this end??? I feel like a complete failure.

My doctor told me he has a patient who has been taking 20mg Oxycontin for years now with no need to increase. What's wrong with me??? Is it a weight issue, let's say if I put on weight will this stop this high tolerance to narcotic pain meds?. I'm 5'4, 107-108 pounds.

Should I go back to Percocet, perhaps it's less addictive?. but percocet only helps for 3 hours. I'm not sure what should I do now. Is it cause it's chronic neck pain + TMJ that makes me with such a high tolerance to narcotic pain meds?.

Is it better for me to go on a patch?. but then the patch will stop working. What's WRONG with me?.

Please anyone with answer help me. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by nochange; 01-10-2010 at 05:37 AM.