View Single Post
Old 01-11-2010, 05:44 PM   #5
(female)

thefrosh3 HB User
Re: Peroneal surgery failed - help?

hey fluffy,

As you know I have never had surgery before. But I can say I know what pain is like. Now, I have never had the acid-burning sensation, but I might be able to help you since you helped me. Before I knew I had to get surgery, I went to physical therapy to strengthen my ankle and stretch my achilles tendons. Every session, my therapist would massage my ankle and foot with this gel-like stuff and then ice it. I wouldn't have any feeling or pain for a while which is awesome after physical therapy because then you don't have to deal with the pain until later. I don't know exactly what he gel-like stuff was, but I think it had menthol in it. I would suggest to go to a local drugstore or any store where they sell first aid and pain relieving medicine. Try to find a pain relieving gel with the active ingredient menthol in it. I don't know if they have it in the UK, but I have something called "mineral ice" which is a pain relieving gel with menthol. Anyway, get something like that and massage your ankle with it then ice it with an ice pack that is able to cover the massaged areas. The menthol with the cold will keep your ankle feeling frozen so guess what? NO PAIN!!!! As the cold starts to wear off you will feel a sort of tingly feeling ocaasionally go through your entire foot, but that doesn't hurt. The one thing I wouldn't do is repeat the process before the feeling wears off. I can't guarentee anything, but I hope this helped you as much as you helped me!

thefrosh