Thread: Mira
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2010, 04:17 PM   #3
(female)

visha HB User
Re: Mira

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mira11 View Post
I am so glad for you that your son will be home. But I think you should clarify the Lorezapam (aka Ativan) issue before he does come home as he may need it for behavior control. It seems like it's been helping him in the hospital. Another med that is in the same class as Lorezapam is Clonazapam (Klonopin) and this one seems to be used more to help kids with the behavior and anxiety issues. Ativan is probably not good for kids for longer term but Clonazapam may be a better choice, from all that I have seen and heard and from my son's own experience.

I would at least ask your Dr. to have it at home to use as needed. Let us know how he does with the homecoming and I hope it is a good one.
Hello,yes i belief my son will need some form of sedative to cope, so i'll speak to the psyc about Clonazapam[thanks for mentioning it].The psyc is adamant about not prescribing Lorazepam for home use

I'm determined to have my son home for as long as possible, & although it'll be hard, with appropriate support and faith we'll make it.I hope to post more once the dust settles