View Single Post
Old 01-13-2010, 07:12 AM   #7
(female)

summerluvr HB User
Re: Peroneal surgery failed - help?

Hi i recently had a bunion surgery, at my 12 week appointment the big toe was again underlapping the second toe, and there is a noticeable bump where the bunion is (was?) so it seem like the bunion is back! it looked good at 6 weeks when they took the pin out. My issues is likely related to hypermobile joints. So, I'm going back in 6 weeks for another check and have been bracing the toe and got orthotics made in the hopes it would correct itself but its not looking like it will. I had a different op on my other foot last year with a fusion to fix that bunion (turned out very well, just a long recovery) so looks like I might have to have that same procedure on this foot now.

I don't have pain issues though.

But I have some other pain I deal with (nerve pain in my face) and the drugs are completley different then painkillers (narcotics), which don't help nerve pain at all. When I was on percocet for my foot I was still feeling my nerve pain (trigeminal nerve in my case). Perhaps you can ask your doctor for a reffereal to a pain clinic? Not sure if orthopedic surgeons are able to treat nerve pain. Would you say the pain feels like someone sticking a live wire on your foot? or lightening like?