View Single Post
Old 01-14-2010, 08:29 AM   #1
(male)

alz81 HB User
Glioblastom stage 4

My mother was diagnosed with glioblastoma stage for Aug 13, 2009. Right after her diagnoses she had surgery. She completed all her radiations and chemo. She is currently not able to speak and has parzlized from her right side of her body. It has really been a roll coaster ride for me and my family. My mother is only 53 and was very healthy all her life. Everything just changed over night for her.She went to work and in the middle of the night had her first siezure. From that point forward she has never been the same. I live in new jersey and she was treated at Hackensack medical center. Currently the doctors are saying they cannot do anything else for her and she resides in a nursing home just mainly sleeping ..She is not able to speak anymore or doing anything. Is there anything out there that can save her I just lost my dad as well a year and half ago due to heart problems he was 64 may he rest in peace. I was thinking of getting a second opinion from sloan ketttering. anyone want to advise me what to do.