View Single Post
Old 01-16-2010, 06:42 AM   #7
(male)

Tuffjump HB User
Re: Adderall for depression..

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter2 View Post
Be very careful with Adderall. If it works for you that's great, it does help some people for a good amount of time. But I want to warn you based on my experiences, that it can do damage sometimes.

I took Adderall daily for ADD, and it made me feel 100% better when I was on it. I felt happy, positive, motivated, ALL of my problems with anxiety/depression/ADD vanished. Then once it started to wear off.... I experienced a depressive crash that was unlike any other depression I've ever felt. Not on my worst day of depression without Adderall, did I feel as bad as I did during my Adderall crash. I'd take Adderall and feel great, then feel horrible once it wore off. I took my second dose and felt great again, then felt horrible after. The constant elevation and drop in my mood day after day started to break me down. I also started to lose A LOT of sleep for months, which made me feel like I was going crazy.

I am not anti Adderall. I still take it, but now I only take it occasionally. I no longer take it every day, I have learned my lesson. Plus I could easily see myself becoming addicted to it. The effects you get from it would make any depression sufferer want to stay on it forever. I hope it works out for you.
My experience with Adderall is about the same. When I first started Adderall it was great then after a period of time (weeks) I crashed big time. Right now I have thoughts of suicide and see no light at the end of the tunnel. I have an appointment with doc this week and try something else.......again.