View Single Post
Old 01-18-2010, 02:12 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pegala HB UserPegala HB UserPegala HB UserPegala HB UserPegala HB UserPegala HB UserPegala HB User
Re: Just need a little support...

Hello Fellow CPers,
Bravo to Myofacial Pain. He gave some excellent advice. Reaching out to others can be so very difficult when we are in pain, but it's what we need. I agree that we need to do whatever we can to keep our minds sharp.
I'm one of the lucky ones who's working now, but over the years I've been home for weeks and months at a time with pain, or pain related issues. Like Myofacial Pain talked about, I found that it was important to push myself to think. I also enjoy Soduko, as well as Word Searches. I'd sit and do these word puzzles by the book load.
Reaching out to others is very difficult, but very necessary. I agree that noone wants to hear about our latest aches and pains. I've found that when I'm conversating with someone else to ask them a question about something that interests them. This really helps to take the focus off of the elephant in the room, my pain.
I also agree that we need to be proactive. It seems that when we're at our worst is when we need to be most proactive to get the help we need. At times I don't know where the strength is going to come from to make that one more phone call, or go to one more doctor, but it comes. I can't tell you the number of times I've wanted to scream when I've had to tell a new doctor about my injuries and pain, but I suck it up and tell the story one more time. Then I go home and scream. Somehow God gives us the strength to perservere.
I also agree that venting here on this board has been most helpful. You guys understand me like no one else I know. You guys are in the trenches with me.
Hang in there friends.
A happy belated birthday to Tina, and early birthday wishes to Bruce.
Take care and keep us posted on how things are going.
Peggy