View Single Post
Old 01-24-2010, 07:27 AM   #3
Inactive
(male)

blokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB User
Re: I need some advice , please help....

Hi wantbhappy3,

I am very sorry to read you are so upset and hurting because of this, please be assured I know exactly what you are going through, as I have been there myself. I went for over 18 months with the fear and uncertainly of not knowing. Finally this came to the point whereby I could no longer function on a daily basis, the entire thing was simply all consuming. I truly do sympathize you with and understand how difficult this must be for you. Having said this it finally got to the point where action had to be taken, one way or the other I had to know. And after all this uncertainty, fear and worry I tested negative. I had literally worried myself sick for 18 months. This is why I encourage you, actually urge you to please put aside your fears and get retested, if you are so concerned.

Please take my advice on this, stop examining yourself, stop looking for ways to confirm your worst fears, stop looking at "HIV symptoms" on Google. Believe me there is only one way to determine your HIV status and that is through a blood test. Symptoms alone are never a reliable indicator.

You posted you have tested negative at three months, from my understanding this is absolute, your status is negative. Your doctor is quite right in assuring you that you have not got HIV, but if you are so concerned, then please put aside your fear and get retested. I know this will be hard advice to accept but please consider it. It really is better to know one way or the other that to live with the constant uncertainly and all the fears that go with it.

Please ,you have lived with all this fear and uncertainly for a great deal of time, the only way to make it all go away is to know for certain. Your previous blood test was negative, I cannot tell you another one will be the same, although there appears to be no reason for it not to be, but I can assure you it is better to know. It is simply the only way to resolve this matter and move on. Please, please do not do as I did and try to endure it.

Please take care, regards Kevin.

Last edited by blokecalledkev; 01-24-2010 at 10:44 AM.